Wednesday, February 01, 2006

a praise from Tim Frischkorn

Hi, gang, I'm an occasional visitor to the NetWORK, and I have a great praise to share! After 15 months of fulltime jobsearch, I have not only landed a job, I have been blessed with what the secular world would call "my dream job!" I start tomorrow in the sales staff with the number-one adult-listener radio station in Cleveland [source: Jan. '06 Arbitron ratings], WGAR, owned by the largest radio conglomerate in America, Clear Channel. I've been wanting to get into the radio industry for years, and when I interviewed for the job, I thought, yeah sure, like I'm gonna be hired by Clear Channel! I'd interviewed with other smaller-scale radio stations and they were looking for radio sales experience, so I figured Clear Channel is surely looking for radio experience. Anyway, I met WGAR's sales manager at a job fair at Tri-C metro last April [surprise, surprise, results do come out of going to job fairs!], we started talking, we hit it off, and he invited me in to interview. He said all he had was entry-level, and wished he could offer me more. However, I was diligent in leaving a voice mail to him once a month to let him know that I was still interested in working there, though I veered my the tone of the messages toward getting something more than just entry-level wages, with my extensive sales background. Then, a couple days after Christmas [yes, six month later! Some Christmas present, huh?] he calls me and said that after reviewing everyone he'd met over the last few months, my resume kept floating to the top and his impression of me stuck out more than the others! Although he still had just an entry level position, he felt perhaps I ought to consider it, and with my sales experience, he'd approach his general manager to see if they could sweeten the entry-level initial salary. There were two weeks of waiting, as the sales manager had to jump through EEO hoops and had to leave town for personal time, but he called me a week ago and gave me a verbal offer, and the initial salary he offered is 25% more than the standard-rate entry-level salary! Eventually,I'll be steered toward becoming commission against draw, but I have total confidence in my manager's training and coaching, the strength of working for Clear Channel and the number-one station in town, and moreover, the power of God helping me to succeed. I truly believe that the Lord led me to this position, not only because it's something that I've wanted to do, but I certain He wants me to be a beacon for Christ in this arena. I'm certain God will lead me to success. I'm excited yet humbled that God has granted me this opportunity. I ask you now for prayers for blessings, quick learning, a quick ramp-up and financial and spiritual success. Thank you Jim, and everyone else out there in the NetWORK who were led to pray for me at one time or another. In closing, keep this in mind as you strive toward what God has planned for you [which will also be circulating through my mind as I start this new chapter in my life]: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me [Philippians 4:13]. Thank you, Jesus.

2 comments:

Jim Jasko said...

Thank you so much for posting. It has given me hope. I have been out of work for quite some time. Perhaps it is because my dream job is yet to come.

Congrats on your new job. Praise God and thank you Jesus that we all have been blessed by the Lord the maker of Heaven and Earth.

Denise S.

Jim Jasko said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.